Saturday, July 29, 2006

Progress & updates

There has been knitting, albeit not much with the heat and running around and the desire to grab needles and wool has been low.

Can cooler (with the caffeine addiction - Diet Pepsi)

In process - bottle cooler (Smirnoff Ice - black cherry, yummy!)

I've mentioned my gutter trees and how should I dig them out an plant them.... Well folks when I said gutter trees - I really meant trees growing out of my gutters.

Some of these are at least 2 years old and they appear to be thriving! I have to laugh in the fall when their leaves change color and actually fall off as if they were growing anywhere else but in my garage gutters!

I have also been feeding the squirrels in the front of the house for the past couple years. We started with just corn in a spring looking holder and then added a box with a hinged lid for squirrel chow (yes there is squirrel chow, not just cat & dog chow but squirrel chow). This feeding of wildlife initially started as entertainment for the cats. But we quickly realized that these furry-tailed little tree rats were pretty cute and entertaining to us humans as well. I've seen them climb the side of my brick house in such a fashion that would make Spiderman jealous. So their new nickname was born - Spidey!

Because of our feeding of these Spidey's and the fact that we still give them ear corn and there's corn in the squirrel chow - they bury it all through out the yard. There are times that the yard looks more like a corn field then a yard. So ladies & gentleman.... I present to you......

Gutter corn!

Not only am I growing trees in my gutters - the squirrels thought I needed corn up there too! I don't think any of the corn they squirrels planted will produce ears this year (last year they did!) but the cute little rodents have been entertainment for us even if their farming skills aren't up to par this year.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love the drink cozies--almost as much as the gutter corn!

Anonymous said...

Gutter corn. It'll be all the rage next year, wait and see. EVERYONE will be doing it.
That's really SO funny. As much as squirrels are rodents, they really are fun to watch.