Saturday, July 08, 2006

Yea!! It's here!!

I got a new DPN needle case! Ok so I never had one to begin with. I got the one of my dreams - custom made even - from Dave Daniels of Cabin Cove and his Cabin Cove Mercantile. I sent him an email asking if he could custom make one for me that would fit 2 sets of the smaller needles and up to size 15.

This is what I got:


The monster of all DPN cases! It's huge and it's perfect for what I wanted! All my DPN's in one place. No more looking through case #1 for this needle and case #2 for that needle. I have to do that with my straight needles and it can be a pain sometimes. Especially when you don't remember which needles are where.... I love the fabric - it's just too cool! There's one gingerbread man who got his arm bitten off.... I just love his eyes! Thanks again Dave!

On another interesting note - I taught my stepson how to knit last weekend. It was for a school assignment, he had to learn something new and then write out instructions how to do what he learned. I don't know if he'll knit much or ever again but I still think it's kind of cool. He even said that it was "kind of fun". I'll take that as a compliment from a 16 year old boy. He didn't make it much larger than what you see. He called it a 'toe sock'. Silly boy.



No comments: