Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sanity - what's that??

Now some would say that I've lost a little bit of rational thinking or that I've struck gold. My husband would fall into the laugh-at-me-while-shaking-his-head-saying-"That's my Chicky" category.

Here's the story -
I went to Meijers (a local supermarket) after work to get groceries and whatever else they had on sale this week that we needed. You see I'm one of those people who reads the Sunday paper for the ads as much as the paper-paper.

As it turns out they were having a sale of an additional 25% off their clearance stuff - including yarn. Hmmm.... now what's a good bargain loving chicky to do? Of course I headed over there to check it out! : )

I walked out of there with 6 skeins of Patons Classic Merino in Aran @ $2.02 a skein (that's for 223 yards each, folks!), 3 skeins of Bernats Denim Style in Batik@ $ .97 a skein (under a dollar!!), and 2 skeins of Lion Brand Landscapes in Rose Garden @ $2.25 a skein.

So you be the judge; yarn bargain genius or just plain wacko??

No comments: