Friday, January 18, 2008

Treadmill epiphany

At the gym this AM reading a story in the Readers Digest (gift from Grandpa-in-law for Christmas) about happiness & joy, I had a self-proclaimed good idea.

I don't know if it's just the winter blahs or cabin fever or just my own restlessness but I've been "hit or miss" on the happy thing lately. I'm happy for a while, but then I get bored. Or I get stuck on something that I just can't force out of my head. Or I've got lots of knitting I'm working on but nothing at that moment I want to knit. {That reminds me - I so have to update the sidebars.....}

On to my idea - - -

The story I was reading talked about a happiness/blessing journal. Truthfully sounded like a good idea but also a little hokey. But......

In an effort to blog more I decided to try and do a fairly regularly scheduled post about the good things in my life and things I feel thankful for and blessed by. I'm still trying to figure out what a minimum number of items should be. But there will be no cap - so if I'm feeling particularly giddy I'll just keep a running total.

However, since the boss just showed up - I'll post the first installment of ....... (insert name here) later.

No comments: