Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Taking down Christmas

I'm at work taking down the Christmas decorations and enjoying a glass of Spanish Rioja (yummy light, tingly red wine - I work at a winery now, don't hate me : ) I never really got the "Christmas mood/spirit" this year. There were moments when I was shopping for those last minute Christmas gifts that the mood was nipping at my heels and the excitement was building. But it never caught up with me. It just danced around behind me, on the outskirts of grasp and just didn't come to be.

New Years was kind of the same way, leading up to it anyway. PB and I usually make too much food for us to eat even over a couple days of left overs. This year we didn't really do much of anything. Ended up watching MTV's party and the ball dropping. We both ended up catching a good buzz and ended up dancing around the living room. It ended up being a fun and laid back night. Too bad reality came too soon.

However - I went to a sale at my LYS on the first and got 6 skeins of Cascade 220; 3 in black and 3 in a heathered light/medium green, for 10% off. I also snagged 3 skeins of baby alpaca (brand ??) in a light celery green, for 40% off! That yarn is so yummy soft I was afraid they were going to call the cops on me because I was fondling it so much!

I started on the Fiber Trends felted clogs out of the Cascade (black for the sole & the green for the upper) for PB. He wears size 14 shoes so I'm going to try and modify the pattern and do to more increase rows on the sole. I couldn't quite wrap my head around that yesterday so I set it aside until I can figure it out or get back to the LYS for help.

It's a sunny day and the snow from the storm seems to be melting. In fact, they're calling for temps into the low 50's by Sunday or Monday. Last time I checked it was still January. Wasn't it??

No comments: