There you have it folks the muff pre-sewing. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Light Sage and Bernat Denim Style in Chino held together for the cuffs. The body was made out of Lion Brand Homespun Edwardian throughout the whole body and Romanesque, Mediterranean, and Harvest added in. Talk about a great stash buster! I had all this yarn in my stash I didn't know what to do with.
I wanted to use something that would be soft and washable without felting. If this muff is going to stand any kind of a chance with me and these Michigan winters it has to be washable.
I followed the pattern for the most part, kinda. I started on US 10 for the first little cuff and 3 rounds of the body. Began to think I was crazy for trying to work with 2 strands of Homespun on 10's - so I switched to 10 1/2's. In the interest of stitch pattern equality I then switched back to 10's for 3 rounds of the end of the body and the second, longer cuff.
I really didn't want the body color to be in any form of a pattern. So I knitted with Romanesque until I was sick of that color, and switched to Mediterranean and then to Harvest. Then it was back to Mediterranean and Romanesque.